[vtkusers] Non-transparent wireframe representation?

Joel Schaerer joel.schaerer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:13:37 EDT 2010

Thanks, the ResolveCoincident topology solved the problem! For the record, I
used

    vtkMapper::SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToPolygonOffset();

, the other method (ZBuffer) didn't work. Btw, at least with my meshes,
vtkPolyDataNormals and vtkExtractEdges aren't needed: I simply set the
representation to wireframe for one of the two actors, and set the color to
the background for the second one.

Xabi, I tried backface culling, but it didn't work out for me because my
mesh is non-convex.

Thanks again for your answers!

Hi,

>From my paraview point of view, I use backface culling sometimes when I
don't have intersected rendered objects, just as you said Xabi. Joel, maybe
it could be the solution. However, I don't think that it would resolved the
shading problem. IMHO, setting the rendering to Wireframe will deactivate
the shading process. But it has to be checked.

BTW, did you try to play with ResolveCoincidentTopology stuffs in the mapper
?