[vtkusers] Non-transparent wireframe representation?

Joel Schaerer joel.schaerer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:17:21 EDT 2010

Hi Jérôme,

thanks for your answer! I've tried implementing the forked pipeline exactly
as you said, but unfortunately my graphics card doesn't seem to like
rendering two objects that are so close. As a result, some edges are hidden
randomly, which results in a very ugly flicker effect when the meshes are
animated. Here is a static screen capture to illustrate the effect:

http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~schaerer/capture_36_0000_Pod1_deformed_to_0000_Pod1.png

I've tried adding a vtkShrinkFilter. This improves thing a bit, but there
still are problems.

Does anyone have a better solution to offer? I believe that at one point the
wireframe representation used to be opaque by default. At what point and why
did that change?

Thanks again,

joel