[vtkusers] How to fix PointData correspondence when point ids change?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 11:14:16 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:51 AM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess you could also run vtkIdFilter BEFORE running vtkExtractEdges
> and then the mapping would already be known, but you'd still have to
> rebuild the polydata (i.e. change the point ids and change the ids of
> the points that each cell uses).

Yes, you could write a filter that reverses what vtkIdFilter does.
For the point Ids, it would be a trivial filter to write.  It would
just have to find the max Id, make a vtkPoints of the right size, and
then fill in the points and rebuild the cells.  Any missing points
could be set to (0,0,0).

   David