[vtkusers] Strange results with MST filter

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:01:29 EDT 2010

> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I finally figure it out - the problem was that vtkEdgeListIterator
does not necessarily traverse the edges in order (this IS indeed noted
in the documentation, I just missed it). So I was traversing edges
adding weights to them, but I was adding the weights to the wrong
edges. It just happened that almost all of them were coincidentally
correct in my example, so even after almost a complete inspection
everything looked fine.

The MST filters indeed product the correct results.

Thanks,

David