[vtkusers] Specify color of a vtkPolyData object

Xiaofeng Z xf10036 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:54:16 EDT 2010

I like to have an effect of coloring the actor, except I don't want to carry the color information seperately (to the class that creates the actor).  I'd rather let the polydata to carry the color information to the rendering class.  On the other hand, I don't want to specify each point or cell in the poly data.  That would be an overkill.  I just want to specify one place in the polydata a color and it will be rendering accordingly.  Is that possible?

Many thank!

Xiaofeng Z