[vtkusers] help: vtk crash in during volume rendering when set the pvolumeproperty->ShadeOn()

jiangLeo jiang_gx at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:27:39 EDT 2010

Hi vtk experts
I am using vtk5.4.2 to volume rendering medical images, and now days I met a crash during the rendering, and interestingly the crash happens only  when: 	1. the volume data contains very limited data ( less than 6 slices of images)         2. and when I opened the shade with pvolumeproperty->ShadeOn()

here are some related classes I used  for the rendering pipeline:	VTKOwner<vtkPiecewiseFunction> m_opacityTransferFunction ;	VTKOwner<vtkColorTransferFunction>	m_colorTransferFunction ;	VTKOwner<vtkVolumeProperty> m_volumeProperty;	VTKOwner<vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper>          m_volumeRayCastMapper;	VTKOwner<vtkVolume>            m_vtkVolume;	VTKOwner<vtkRenderer>          m_vtkRenderer;(VTKOwner is just a pointer owner)
since I use vtk as thirdpart libs, I can not debug the details happened in vtk, sorry.  but i am very appreciated if you have any idea or suggestion on this.
thanks very much!
-Leo