[vtkusers] [Insight-users] Cropping Problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 17 19:12:33 EDT 2010

Hi Yusuf,

You should start by separating the segmentation
problem from the visualization problem.

Please do the following:

0) Just after you call:

   reader->SetFileNames( fileNames );
   reader->Update();

   add

   reader->GetOutput()->Print( std::cout );

   then

1) Run the ITK segmentation pipeline until you
    get the segmented image, and save it as a
    MetaImage file (with extension .mhd)

2) Post the content of the resulting .mhd file
    back to the list, as well as the print out of
    the statement:

   reader->GetOutput()->Print( std::cout );

3) Use Paraview (www.paraview.org) to load the
    resulting image and extracting an iso-surface.
    Compare that iso-surface with the one that
    you get by directly from the DICOM image.
    (and let us know what you find).

With the information from (2) we should be
able to identify if any geometrical information
is missing from the ITK processing pipeline.

   Thanks

         Luis