[vtkusers] Double precision in VTK

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Apr 16 20:12:12 EDT 2010

We are slowly moving towards preserving the native type of the input.
There are some filters that are internally templated for this purpose.
If you see ones that you think should be double precision, please
report them. Note that not all filters need to produce double
precision data. If an algorithm is inherently limited in precision, it
is best to use floating point for performance reasons.

-berk