[vtkusers] ImportError: libvtkCommonPythonD.so.5.4

Nicolas Courtiade Nicolas.Courtiade at ec-lyon.fr
Thu Apr 15 11:29:55 EDT 2010

Hi again
I have built and installed the 5.4.2 release of VTK from source on
Ubuntu 8.04.3, with Python wrappings. I work with python 2.5.
When i try to run a python program, with a vtk import,  i encounter this
error :
*ImportError:* *libvtkCommonPythonD.so.5.4*: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

I set PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.4  and i still have this problem...

Does anyone how to fix it?

Thank you

Nicolas