[vtkusers] How to draw a line (in display)

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:10:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Erkang Cheng <ekyaya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David:
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> Could you go further help me?
>
> The story is that, I want to interact the window which display a image or
> one slice of 3D data (like DICOM).
>
> The operation is that when I click one point, and mouse move on the window,
> then LeftButtonUp. These action could related to a line.
>
> I want to save the positions of all the points on the line and draw this
> line on the window.
>
> I follow the example in InsightApplication titled "LiverTumorSegmentation".
> In this application, I can get the point when I click on the window, also, I
> can get the points when mouse move.
>
> So, I want to draw this line on the window. How to do this?
>
> My idea is that, suppose that there are two points p1 and p2, p1 is the
> point I click on the window, when mouse move, p2 is current point, I want to
> draw a line from p1 to p2. Then update p1 as p2. This could turn into a
> line. I use this method in MFC which can draw a line.
>
> But, I don't know how to draw a line in a vtkRenderWindow? what's the
> coordinate of the vtkRenderWindow?
>
> Is there is example similar to my question?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Erkang,

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list so that everyone can benefit
and help.

I am not particularly familiar with doing this, or any of the examples in
ITK (namely LiverTumorSegmentation), so maybe someone who is can point you
in the right direction.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

David