[vtkusers] QVTKWidget existing interactors

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:47:00 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Drysdale, Jeremy
<jeremy.drysdale at philips.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> Thanks for the info.  One other question comes to mind... short of testing with every possible interactor available, is there a list or a decent description somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy Drysdale
> Distinguished Research Engineer
> Prototyping

I would refer to the 'details' section of the class documentation:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkInteractorStyleFlight.html#_details

If you go here:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classes.html

You will find a list of all of the classes and their respective documentation.

It seems reasonable to me to make a chart of the basic
functionalities/descriptions, but there is actually quite a lot to
explain (what several keys/mouse buttons do) for each, so that chart
would quickly become very large. Since there are only 10 or so, a
quick read through the documentation of each should probably get you
familiar enough to the point where you'd know which one to look into
further when you need its functionality.

Thanks,

David