[vtkusers] Scalar Type of vtkDICOMImageReader

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:41:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Scott Johnson
> <Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com> wrote:
>> In my files the Pixel Padding value is 63536.  As a signed short, that's
>> -2000.
>>
>> Good catch.
>>
>> Also, I wasn't expecting vtkDICOMImageReader to perform the HU
>> computation.  It overachieved.  That would be a good thing to put in the
>> documentation.
>>

> GDCM, ITK and VTK all do that by default.

Correction, GDCM does not. As mentioned previously this is a huge
performance hit, thus this should only be application level.
GDCM is at library and is absolutely *not* applying the Linear Transform.

BTW vtkDICOMImageReader always apply Rescale Slope / Intercept even in
case of MR Image Storage, so special care should be taken in those
cases.

HTH
--
Mathieu