[vtkusers] vtkSeedWidget and vtkImageViewer2 bug in visualization?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:09:03 EDT 2010

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the fast answer.
>
> Is you code available as part of VTK or an open source project?

The code is funded by medical imaging research grants so I can make
this part open source.

> Does your reimplemented seed widget works in the same way as you suggested (
>
> create a seed widget for each slice and then use
> the callback mechanism to hide and restore seed widgets when the slice
> changes

One problem is that my code uses the vtkINRIA3D library so you will
have to modify this to get it to work for your code. The modifications
will have to be able to send notifications of the slice change from
the imageview to the widget.

Also my code does not yet update or communicate with the other views
(axial, sagittal, coronal). I plan to make that work eventually but
this is a lower priority for the project at the moment.

> )
>
> Or is it a different approach?
>
> I would like to avoid creating  a seed widget for each slice, since I have 3
> rendering windows to visualize a 3d volume through different views. (create
> 500 + 500 +500 seed widgets?)
>
> And I'm not totally satisfied with this kind of solution because I feel like
> creating a widget for each slice doesn't solve the problem but just avoid it
> doing some tricks, which  would prefer not to do if possible.

This was the method suggested by some of developers of vtk in a few
mail posts that I have read. I did not not like it either for my
project so I worked on my own version..

John