[vtkusers] surface+points representation

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Apr 12 07:40:17 EDT 2010

Hey Bill,

I don't think there's a "both in one" representation -- Just use the same pipeline but terminate it with two mappers and two actors. (Okay, I can't remember if you really need two mappers, or not, if you're going to use the same lookup table, etc...) You can set the representations separately for each. Or you can display the surface directly, then also glyph the points with whatever shape you like and do a separate mapper and actor for the glyphed points. In either case, then you just add both of the actors to the renderer, and voila!

Talk to you later,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group