[vtkusers] vtkImageWeightedSum and registering data

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Fri Apr 9 16:58:20 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm using vtk 5.4.2 on a windows platform.

I've got a number of DICOM series which are being read by
vtkDICOMImageReaders.  Now I need to register them and average the pixel
values.  For now I'm just adding translations to the origins and
connecting them to a vtkImageWeightedSum object.  The issue is that my
translations don't seem to have an effect.

I've tried connecting the vtkDICOMImageReader ->
vtkImageChangeInformation -> vtkImageWeightedSum and
vtkDICOMImageReader->vtkImageReslice->vtkImageWeightedSum.  Neither of
which worked.

Looking at the source code for vtkImageWeightedSum, I guess it makes
sense because it is doing a voxel by voxel summing and not taking the
spatial location of the pixels into account.

Is there a way to do this in vtk or do I need to incorporate some itk?

Thanks

                                -- Scott