[vtkusers] scalars not defined at every point

rashedk rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:38:10 EDT 2010

Thanks David and Eric for your replies. I will be implementing my own code
for this then. To interpolate the unknown scalars, I have thought of using
the weighted average of points with the known scalars. However, weighed
averages will mean finding geodesic distances on the surface mesh. For
anyone faced with a similar problem, here is perhaps a good starting point:

The vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath class:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.4/html/a00416.html

Also sometime ago, another thread discussed a similar issue:
http://old.nabble.com/How-do-I-interpolate-scalars-along-the-geometric-surface--to22037717.html#a22038692

Rashed.