[vtkusers] Multiframe Dicom volume rendering

pete-c pcwhizzkid at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:21:35 EDT 2010

malat wrote:

> Watch out that the .so file are in a separate -dev package on debian
> (and derivative linux distro). You need to install libvtkgdcm2-dev.

Thanks for your help. I was able to compile the program, but it looks like
my dicom is too big for the memory on my computer, as it threw up an error
of:
 terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'

I've therefore looked at another approach, which is to convert the dicom to
a series of jpg's first, and then read them in in blocks, as demonstrated in
Medical1.cxx. I've tried using VolumeReader in place of vtkVolume16Reader,
but this throws up an error when I build:
error: invalid conversion from ‘vtkAlgorithm*’ to ‘vtkVolumeReader*’

Am I going about this the wrong way, or am I missing something simple here?
Thanks,

Pete.