[vtkusers] scalars not defined at every point

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Apr 9 09:11:10 EDT 2010

Hey Rashed,

I think with the way VTK works you have to have scalars defined at all points. At least, the scalar arrays have to have the same number of entries as the number of points (or cells) in your geometry.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling you'll have to write your own filter routine to fill in your missing values. The Delaunay filters will probably work fine for generating your triangles or tetrahedra, but then you'll have to make your own routine for using those edges and cells to interpolate values where you have specified that the values contained in the array are "undefined" (i.e. they are marked with a boolean tag as not valid data, but contain a temporary dummy value for now).

Good luck,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group