[vtkusers] Undefined reference to Mesa

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Apr 9 06:01:55 EDT 2010

On 04/09/2010 01:40 AM, Hassan Amin wrote:
> For ldd kitware/VTK_Build/bin/libvtkRendering.so | grep OSMesa
>
> I get : libOSMesa.so.7 => not found

The linker can not find the OSMesa library. This is very odd since :
  1. You told CMake exactly where to find it.
  2. You told CMake to store the location of the OSMesa library in the
output files ( the rpath option )

Does your OSmesa library actually exist in the location where you told
CMake to look for it?

> How did I built Mesa library :
>
> I used ./configure
> and make to build my Mesa library.

What options did you pass to the configure script? Did you do something
like :

./configure --prefix=`pwd`  |--with-driver=xlib --enable-gl-osmesa

Did you run make install?

> I am unable to make Mesa using following commands :
>
> "cd Mesa-7.6.1/
> make linux-x86-64"
>
> which was recommended earlier.

This is the only way I've ever been able to make Mesa with OSMesa....
there was no configure script when I started.

Do you recall the error you got?