[vtkusers] Installing VTK 5.4.2 for VisualStudio2005

Dmitri Danewitz d.danewitz at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 8 08:07:20 EDT 2010

--- Dmitri Danewitz <d.danewitz at yahoo.de> schrieb am Do, 8.4.2010:

Von: Dmitri Danewitz <d.danewitz at yahoo.de>
Betreff: Re: [vtkusers] Installing VTK 5.4.2 for VisualStudio2005
An: "John Drescher" <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Datum: Donnerstag, 8. April, 2010 12:06 Uhr

I have generated VTK542 using cmake and cmake does create a new folder with stuff inside, but this folder differs from what I meant. In that folder there are:

- Cmake
- CmakeFiles
- CmakeTmp
- Common
- Filtering
- GenericFIltering
- Geovis
- Graphics
- Hybrid
... and so on

what I was expecting to have is a folder with only:

 - bin
 - include
 - lib

inside, so that I can reference the "bin" folder into my VS2005 project and start programming with VTK. I can't find that "bin" folder in the data Cmake created. Do I have to do something else so that that "bin" and "lib" folders are created?

Greets
Dmitri