[vtkusers] Drawing objects interactively in VTK..??

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Wed Apr 7 04:32:15 EDT 2010

 Hi,When you are selecting points on the screen they are in displaycoordinates. You need to basically unproject it by multipying with theinverse MPV ( modelprojectionviewport) matrix . Also you need tospecify the depth from the near clipping plane thats defined .The question is how do i unproject it..?? And how and from where do i get the MPV matrix..??ThanksRegardsRakesh Patil Original message From:Darshan Pai< darshanpai at gmail.com >Date: 06 Apr 10 20:51:53Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Drawing objects interactively in VTK..??To: Rakesh Patil When you are selecting points on the screen they are in display coordinates. You need to basically unproject it by multipying with the inverse MPV ( modelprojectionviewport) matrix . Also you need to specify the depth from the near clipping plane thats defined . RegardsDarshanOn Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote: Hello,I am trying to draw a polyline interactively (with help of mouse). What i'm doing is at every left button down eve
 nt, i get the mouse position and store it is a vector list. Later using this points am displaying on the rendering window. But when i do this, i noticed the following:The mouse position values are totally different from the the points which are displayed.. I mean, i click at one location, and it is displayed at far end another location.. I tried changing the coordinate system also.. Still the result is unchanged..Any suggestions how it is to be done..??ThanksRakesh Patil Dear VTK ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now! Powered by www.kitware.comVisit other Kitware opensource projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.htmlPlease keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQFollow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers