[vtkusers] vtk Coordinate system clarification

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Tue Apr 6 10:00:18 EDT 2010

Thanks David.

		-- Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: David Gobbi [mailto:david.gobbi at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 5:21 PM
To: Scott Johnson
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] vtk Coordinate system clarification

Hi Scott,

The vtkCellPicker isn't locked to the cell positions, so the
GetMapperPosition() method will return a continuous range of values,
it doesn't jump when you move from one cell to the next.

The CellId itself, though, can be best thought of as indicating the
corner of the voxel, and the PCoords are three fractional values in
the range [0,1] that give the x,y,z parametric coordinates within the
voxel.

  David

If your talking about the GetMapperPosition() method,