[vtkusers] Filter to delete a cell/point doesn't show any change in render window

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Sat Apr 3 05:09:02 EDT 2010

 Hi Darshan,Thanks for your reply.. But what difference will it make if i initialize it in the constructor or in Update() function..?? I think it got to do something with the point ids... When i copy the cells from input grid to output grid, the point Ids might not be available i feel... I'm struggling with how to solve this problem..Any suggestions or comments..??ThanksRakesh Patil Original message From:Darshan Pai< darshanpai at gmail.com >Date: 02 Apr 10 22:12:10Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Filter to delete a cell/point doest show any change in render windowTo: Rakesh Patil Rakesh,I did not run the program but I think your problem is the initialization of the newPoints . I think you should initialize your newPoints in the Update() function rather than in the constructor. Or do not define it as a smartpointer. RegardsDarshanOn Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote: Hello users,Here are the two files which i have written. The filters to remove points and cells from an unstru
 ctured grid. It accepts an unstructured grid as an input and returns new unstructured grid as an output.. When i check the number of points and number of cells of the output grid, it shows correctly.. But when i render the output grid, it gives error..Can anyone find out the mistake?? should ids be in sequence while rendering..?? The logic is based on the example below http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/DeletePointHelp, guidance from any of the seniors wil be appreciatedThanksRegards Rakesh PatilDear vtkusers ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now! Powered by www.kitware.comVisit other Kitware opensource projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.htmlPlease keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQFollow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!