[vtkusers] I need to get the X, Y, Z coordinates of a point in a vtkPolyData

Alessandro Artusi artusialessandro4 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:26:55 EDT 2009

Thanks a lot Jerome,

I get an errore:

AttributeError GetPoints.

May be I am doing something wrong; what i  am doing is the following:

contour = vtk.vtkContourFilter()
contour.SetInput(grid) #grid is rectilineargrid()
contour.ComputeNormalOn()
contour.SetValue(0, 95) #my isovalue

in contour i should have my polyData right?

when i do what you suggested:

contour.GetPoints( ).GetPoint( pointId, coord )

I got the error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks again,
Alessandro.