[vtkusers] VTK doesn't work on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:25:56 EDT 2009

VTK would have to install the python vtk module to
/Library/Python/2.x/site-packages to make sure that it is in python's
path, but by design, VTK installs the module in the
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX which is /usr/local/.  This is intentional,
because we don't want anything to be installed outside of the chosen
install prefix.

So the best approach for you is to make a link in
/Library/Python/2.x/site-packages to wherever the python vtk module is
actually installed.  Another option is to clear the
VTK_PYTHON_SETUP_ARGS when you run ccmake so that the module will be
installed to wherever python thinks is best, which should be
/Library/Python/2.x/site-packages.

   David