[vtkusers] How does vtk create volume from dicom CT scans ?

Gerber, Nicolas nicolas.gerber at istb.unibe.ch
Mon Oct 19 04:40:52 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I was wondering how do you do internally to create a volume from a stack of CT scans or any other dicom modality ?

Especially, how do you treat these issues:

-          The slice thickness varies among the stack.

-          The slice orientation varies among the stack.

-          We cannot rely on the dicom tags for the slice thickness.

If the slice thickness is not constant among the stack, do you get the hole volume and re-slice it (it then involves interpolation) ?

Thank you for your help !

Nicolas