[vtkusers] transparency issues!

Arsham M arsham at uga.edu
Tue Oct 6 20:21:04 EDT 2009

Hey vtk pros!

I have a question!
Well first of all I know that we can change the transparency of an object
using vtkPorperty class and the opacity function.  What if I have two
objects one being a poly surface and the other one is also a polydata but it
is more like a wire or threads! this two objects are combined (Visually
Joint!) how can I set the transparency so it changes with the rotation of
the camera or so this wire like object can be seen passing through, I want
to set the transparency based on the density (meaning more wire = less
transparency for the surface) so it can be seen better!
the twist here is also I need to write this info down on a VTK file format!

Any idea how this can be done or IF it can be done somehow?! Please do
elaborate on how?!

--
Sincerely Yours,
Arsham Mesbah