[vtkusers] QVTK resizing on Windows XP

Lars Friedrich Lars lars-friedrich at gmx.net
Mon Nov 30 14:47:49 EST 2009

Hello Clint,

I will do tests with Paraview tomorrow and report the results to you. I did not use Paraview for a while, but I cannot remember comparable problems with it.

lars

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:13:05 -0700
> Von: Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>
> An: vtkusers at vtk.org
> Betreff: Re: [vtkusers] QVTK resizing on Windows XP

> Oh, then maybe the saveImageToCache() is causing an extra render that is
> "solving" you problem.  Do you see the same problem in an application like
> paraview, which uses splitters too?
>
> Clint
>
> On Monday 30 November 2009 12:07:35 pm Lars Friedrich Lars wrote:
> > No, I do not call setAutomaticImageCacheEnabled(true) in my application;
> > this features is deactivated. Some cross-platform experiments in the
> past
> > with this flag set to TRUE showed me that it does not reliably work in
> 100%
> > of the cases - as you confirmed below. I just call the related methods
> > after resizing the widget as explained in the previous mail. My
> application
> > is basically built as standalone application and - on demand (on windows
> > systems) - with an additional shared lib interface. The described
> > workaround works on windows Vista / XP / 2000 for the standalone version
> > and the shared lib interface; it also works on Ubuntu 64 bit.
> >
> > lars
> >

> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> >
> > > Datum: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:21:04 -0700
> > > Von: Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>
> > > An: vtkusers at vtk.org
> > > Betreff: Re: [vtkusers] QVTK resizing on Windows XP
> > >

> > > Are you calling setAutomaticImageCacheEnabled(true) to enable image
> > > caching with it?
> > > Maybe you should avoid doing this.
> > > I don't know if its been found to be useful in practice as it was once
> > > tried in ParaView but it didn't work too well.  Whether one has
> problems
> > > with it is dependent on the windowing system.
> > >
> > > Personally, I think the problem QVTKWidget's image caching tries to
> > > solve, is best solved by the windowing system.  Mac OSX and some Linux
> > > desktops already do it.
> > >
> > > Clint

> the
> > >
> > > previous mail:
> QVTKWidget
> > >
> > > invoking the following code-cascade works to successfully render the
> > >
> > > complete viewport:

> Windows
> > >
> > > only ...

> is
> > >
> > > implemented within a DLL and called via a Delphi-client-application.
> You
> > > can read more about the related signal/slot problems here:
> > >
> http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2009-November/014826.htm

> > > can take advantage of this 'solution'.

> > > different

> can
> > >
> > > VTK-scene (the

> But
> > >
> > > on

> second
> > >
> > > screen

> > > rendered.

> [...]

Endlich! Das Debüt-Album von Pop-Diva Sarah Kreuz ist da!
Jetzt bei GMX Musik Downloads. http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/musik01