[vtkusers] Contouring on multiple slice

piali Das piali.das2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:41:32 EST 2009

Hi,
Here is what I want to do (I believe these are very basic):

1. load and view a 3D dataset.
2. scroll to view each slice
3. draw contours on multiple slices.
4. create a suface using these contours.

I have been able to load the data and view it with vtkImageViewer2 and
scroll though the slices.

I used vtkContourWidget to draw contour. Problems that I am facing are as
follows:

1. The contour does not stick to the slice. When I scroll to a different
slice it stays on the screen only the .

   I want the contour to pertain to the particular slice.   Is there a way
to achieve this?

(I somehow hacked the behavior by Disabling the ContourWidget when the slice
is changed)

2. The other major concern at this point is whether I can draw multiple
contours using vtkcontourWidget. Please advice how this can I achieve this.

Thank you in advance,
PDB