[vtkusers] OpenGL painting issue on Linux NVidia box

Greg W. Burgreen greg.burgreen at msstate.edu
Thu Nov 5 14:06:38 EST 2009

I have compiled VTK-5.4.2 on a Linux box running SUSe using 64-bit
gcc-3.3 (and also gcc-4.4). The graphics card is an NVIDIA G71.

The problem I am having is that any and all VTK examples that display
OpenGL (i.e, Cone6, Theme, etc.) paints its graphics in a small upper
left hand corner of the render window with the remainder of the window
black. The small vtkActors respond appropriately to all mouse input as
if the entire screen was fully rendered including picking. Resizing the
window does not affect the painted area size.

Has anyone had a similar issue and any clues why this would be
occurring? Does this sound like an OpenGL library issue or a VTK issue?
I have other non-VTK OpenGL applications that run just fine on this
machine.

Thanks,
Greg