[vtkusers] Voxelize a point cloud (vtkVoxelModeller?)

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:25:22 EST 2009

I think this is a bug in the writer. The scalar data type is VTK_BIT.
I'm, guessing the writer can't handle this type.

I changed the scalar type to short in my local copy of vtk and the
program ran without warnings. However, I still could not read the file
in paraview. But I changed the writer to a vtkDataSetWriter and it ran
without warning. In this case, when the type was short, I was able to
see the voxels. As VTK_BIT I could not.

VTK_BIT is not a well-supported type.

Question: Do you have a need for this filter or are you just marching
through the vtk filters to learn vtk (which is OK by the way)?

The only example I saw using this filter used its output into
vtkContourFilter, producing a Polydata.

Bill