[vtkusers] OffScreen and blank window

Simon Drouin drouin.simon at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:54:44 EDT 2009

I have the same problem, though it seems to be specific to OSX. On Win32,
the behavior is as expected and the window doesn't show.

The Mac implementation of vtkRenderWindow creates the window before checking
Offscreen flag. If I understand the code (Objective C, which I don't
master), the window is created, then its properties are changed to do
offscreen rendering, so you get a dead window in the middle of the screen.
What is worst is that the window that is originally created stays on screen
even after deleting the vtkRenderWindow instance.

s.