[vtkusers] Store multiple versions of an array in a vtp file

David.Pont at scionresearch.com David.Pont at scionresearch.com
Wed May 6 16:56:57 EDT 2009

David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote on 06/05/2009 08:58:58:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM, <David.Pont at scionresearch.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
> I posted a similar query last week: ie how to use vt* xml files to
> hold data (efficiently) with constant geometry and varying data values.
> Please keep me posted if you get any leads on this.
> Should this question be posted to the Paraview mail list, which I am
> not (yet) a member of?
>
> Found these from a quick search on Paraview list,
>
> http://markmail.org/message/lsyjxkf5vvxv2zuk
> http://markmail.org/message/zoljls7eadz3sa6c
> seem to be talking about modifying code to get desired bahaviour...
>
> http://markmail.org/thread/vogxdltk3sqcsjx6
> suggestion to use Ensight files for holding data
>
> regards, Dave P
>
> [image removed] David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com>
> Dave P,
>
> I posted it as a paraview feature request:
>
> The only feedback so far is to use a different file type.
>
> David

Hi David,
   I really appreciate the speedy response. This query was from a
co-worker, I will suggest to him that he write (and contribute) new code to
do this, but he is just getting started with vtk, so that might not happen!
I guess this is not trivial? Now that I think about this again briefly, why
not store as FieldData ?

cheers, Dave P