[vtkusers] OS X / Java bindings

Felix Fischer f.fischer at fh-aachen.de
Wed Mar 25 13:11:35 EDT 2009

Thanks everybody for your input!

Today I was able to successfully run VTK (5.2.1) on OS X with Java (5)
bindings.
I used a fresh 10.4 (PPC) installation, with installed XCode tools and
CMake (2.6.3).
The essential settings are:

Shared Libraries: on
Java Bindings: on
Cocoa: on

No Carbon, and no X11 is needed since Cocoa is working.
The location of the resulting vtk.jar file is arbitrary, as long as it
is included in the Java classpath.
The location of the resulting *.dylib files is also arbitry, as long
as it is included in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (thanks Matthias!).

Later I will try to do the same on 10.5 with Java6 on an Intel-machine.

Thanks again
Felix