[vtkusers] What is the meaning of MeanDistance in Class named vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform

周敏明 zmmbreeze0825 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 04:24:03 EDT 2009

 Hi, I'm learning iterative closest point algorithm. I found the class named
"vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform" in VTK. It is really helpful for my
studying.

When I learning the source of "vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform.cxx",I
found an variable named MeanDistance.I can not understand what is the
meaning of MeanDistance. What's this variable represent actually in the
process of ICP algorithm? I am wondering if anyone can tell me this.

Your assictance will be highly appreciated.Sorry for my bad English.

-zhou