[vtkusers] VTK tutorial, step 5 (Cone5), OSX-Cocoa: fails to capture keyboard events

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:25:36 EDT 2009

Looking at the VTK tutorial examples, I see that keyboard events are not
captured in Cone5 on OSX (10.5.6).  Although mouse events are fine, the
keyboard events are passed off to the most recent application (Terminal in
my case).  The Cone5 example was not compiled as an OSX bundle, it was
compiled with all the default options set in the VTK-5-2 cvs checkout.  Is
there a way to get this working - should I change something in the VTK build
or just something in the Cone5 build?

Best, Darren