[vtkusers] ICP algorithm's dataset

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Mar 19 10:06:26 EDT 2009

Hello,

I don't know which version of VTK you are using, and I don't know how
to get the data they're talking about for that specific example, but
on the VTK software download page:

http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html

There are links to download data to go with the released versions of
VTK. For example, under Latest Release (5.2.1) there is a table of
downloads with Windows Installer, Source code, Data and Documentation.

In the VTKData folder there is one STL file, but it looks like that
example might need two files to compare... If you download ParaView (www.paraview.org
) you can open many different types of polygonal mesh files and save
them as STL files -- maybe that would help?

I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but hopefully it
gets you closer.
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group