[vtkusers] recent change in vtkImageViewer2 in cvs

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 13 05:12:54 EDT 2009

Hi

Since the recent CVS change in vtkImageViewer2 the behavior has slightly
changed (for the worse in my opinion). But I might be doing something wrong.

Before the viewer would display the image covering approximately 80% of
the render window. Since my last cvs update (yesterday) it is so small
that it covers maybe 5% of the render window...

If I don't call viewer->Render(), then I get the original size (until I
interact with the viewer: then it resizes the image down to 5%).

My code looks like this:

   QApplication app( argc, argv );
   QVTKWidget widget;
   widget.resize(512,512);

   widget.SetRenderWindow(viewer->GetRenderWindow());
   viewer->SetInput( image );
   viewer->SetupInteractor(widget.GetRenderWindow()->GetInteractor());
   viewer->Render();

   widget.show();
   app.exec();

Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to make the image "closer"?
Does anybody else experience this?

I am using cvs VTK on Debian Linux and Qt 4.4.1

--Bryn