[vtkusers] VTK View reset

Benoist Laurent laurentbenoist at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:05:41 EDT 2009

Hi everyone.

I'm quite a newb in VTK and I'm trying to develop an application using VTK and Cocoa.
My question is quite simple I think but I can't find the answer anywhere.

In my program, I read a file in which the coordinates of points are written.
These points are then displayed in a VTK View.
But how do I reset this view ?

For example when I want to load a new file I need first to delete all the points of the current file.
I tried this but doesn't work.

>    cout << coll -> GetNumberOfItems() << endl;
>    for (unsigned actorIndex = 0; actorIndex < myStruct -> getNumberOfElements(); ++actorIndex)
>    {
>        actor = (vtkActor*) coll -> GetItemAsObject(actorIndex);
>        actor -> Delete();
>   }
>    cout << coll -> GetNumberOfItems() << endl;

Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
Benoist LAURENT