[vtkusers] Mismatch anatomy and overlay slice after interaction.

Martijn de Greef m.d.greef at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 07:33:28 EDT 2009

Dear all,

As my first vtk program I am coding a simple 2D viewer that overlays an
anatomical data-set with a certain distribution (both are 3D).  The pipeline
is as follows (schematically, not complete):

anatomyReader -> vtkImageReslice -> vtkImageMapToColors -> vtkImageActor ->
vtkRenderer -> vtkRenderWindow

/\

                overlayReader -> vtkImageReslice -> vtkImageMapToColors ->
vtkImageActor --

The render window is then given to a QVTKWidget object. A
vtkEventQtSlotConnect serves as an adaptor to uses Qt's signal/slot
structure. Not shown in the pipeline is a vtkMatrix4x4 object that is given
to the vtkImageReslice object to determine the orientation and the origin of
the slicing plane. Note that both the anatomy reslice and the overlay
reslice object are given the same reslice axes (so the vtkMatrix4x4 object)
so that in my understanding we have matching slices.

Now the problem that I encounter is that if I change the vtkMatrix4x4
object, the anatomy object does get sliced differently, however the overlay
does not change with it. Am I missing here some thing conceptually and is
this expected behavior?

Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Martijn de Greef