[vtkusers] Getting requested time in reader with multiple outputs

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 25 10:23:26 EDT 2009

I am having trouble implementing a reader that supports time data and has multiple outputs (eventually destined for ParaView).  The issue is that I get the requested update time step from the output information (as in any time-supporting reader), but I don't know which output port to get it from.  The two ports often have different time steps set in them.  The correct time is in the output from which the demand driven request comes.  But which one is that?  It changes between calls?  Is there a way to get the "real" requested time?  Is there a way to know from which output port the request comes from?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov