[vtkusers] Looking for example to draw a point onto image (vtkImageViewer2)

andreasfm at web.de andreasfm at web.de
Tue Jun 23 18:45:47 EDT 2009

Dear VTK users,

I am using the vtkImageViewer2 to display a 2-D image.
Now I would like to draw a simple point on that image. The user should be able to click on the image and the point should be drawn at that location.

Does anyone know of an existing example to do this. My guess is that I could use a vtkPointSource object. But I am unfamiliar with VTK and I am not sure how to set the point such that it will be displayed in the image.

Any help will be greatly appreaciated,
Best Regards,

Andreas