[vtkusers] Surfaces from unorganized point - vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 23 08:43:11 EDT 2009

David

This was the way Michele (who asked the question) posed the problem. As
I understood, she was having a problem using the programmable source
filter.
I answered because I thought it would be interesting to try the
programmable source. The advantage might be that the function readPoints
is only called, when update is called in the pipeline. It would be a way
to connect any other code base to a vtk pipeline.

Of course there are millions of other ways...

Bryn

David Doria wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 3:14 AM, Bryn Lloyd <blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
> <mailto:blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch>> wrote:
>
>     Here is a working example:
>

> Bryn,
>
> I modified the example to simply put the points in a polydata rather
> than using a programmable filter
> (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Create_a_surface_from_Unorganized_Points). It
> seems a little more straight forward to me this way (This is mainly
> because I've never used a programmable filter). What is the advantage of
> doing it the way you did?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Bryn Lloyd