[vtkusers] 'Cloning' the content of a QVTKWidget

lars-friedrich lars-friedrich at gmx.net
Sun Jun 21 11:28:28 EDT 2009

Hello VTKUsers,

does someone know what the most efficient way of 'cloning' a scene displayed
in one QVTKWidget within another QVTKWidget is?
I have a (small) QVTKWidget integrating a vtkImagePlaneWidget showing a
slice of a specified volume image. However, on demand, I would like to
display the same scene in another (bigger) QVTKWidget simultaneously.
Simply 'connecting' the pointer of the renderer did not do the trick:
oneWidget->GetRenderWindow()->GetRenderers()->InitTraversal();
anotherWidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(oneWidget->GetRenderWindow()->GetRenderers()->GetNextItem());
... the scene was then visible just in anotherWidget.

Could you help me, please?

lars