[vtkusers] Polydata vertices with python?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Jun 19 10:14:43 EDT 2009

Hey David,

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your script. I think there
may be some bugs in the vtkXMLPolyDataWriter. This reminded me that I
ran into a similar problem a while back while trying to write polydata
from a graph out to a vtp file:

http://www.nabble.com/InfoVis:-Graph-to-PolyData-bugs--td21354144.html

Unfortunately, it seems I never got around to filing a bug report on
that one... Yours doesn't crash out at exactly the same point mine
did, so they may not be related, but my guess is that it's a bug in
the writer nonetheless. (For mine, all I wanted was the point
coordinates written out, so I just created a new polydata with only
points and wrote that.)

Good luck,
-Eric

Eric E Monson