[vtkusers] PolyData Refinement

Gouaillard, Alexandre Alexandre_Gouaillard at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 18 16:00:04 EDT 2009

hi leila,

did you try the subdivision filters?
linear, butterfly, loop.

alex

-----Original Message-----
From: vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org [mailto:vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org] On Behalf Of Leila Baghdadi
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:53 PM
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: [vtkusers] PolyData Refinement

Hi Guys,

I have an issue which I am hoping someone can help me with.

This is with regard to segmentation,

I start the segmentation with a lower resolution mesh and would like to
increase the resolution towards the end of segmentation.

I have tried

PolyDataMesh --> Binary Image --> Marching Cubes --> Decimate
but no matter what I do, I get too many points (I tried using
vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes also no much different)

so I am wondering if there is any class which can directly accept my
PolyData Mesh and add more points to it.

Thanks very much for your time