[vtkusers] About the implemention code of Shear-Warp algorithm in VTK

罗天 frankylt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:39:48 EDT 2009

Dear all,       Greetings!
       I'm currently doing something about the visualization of 3D seismic
data, and with VTK of course. As there's only the ray-casting algorithm
implemented in VTK library,  I googled "shear-warp vtk" and got a record of
the vtkusers mailing list by JB as below:

                    "[vtkusers] Shear Warp in VTK"

which was dated May 17th 2004, thus I suppose there may have been some
updates about this Shear-Warp code.
      Is is possible that anyone could help me get the shear-warp code of
vtk? I found the site of Stefan Bruckner,  who contributed the original
version of these code, but I didn't find anything quite related to
Shear-Warp and VTK. I also found this site:
http://artoolkit.org/courses/Visualisierung/2002-2003/Beispiel2/2-BrucknerSt-SeemannR/index.htm
It looks like some user interface developed by Stefan and his friend, which
has implemented shear-warp algorithm well in a VTK way. Although this may
well be the goal I'm looking for, I just don't know what to do with this
google result.
      Or if there's anyone doing things like mine, that is, Shear-Warp
together with VTK, it would be very exciting and welcomed for you to share
your exp with me here.

Best regards.
Frank