[vtkusers] Fixed: problem with vtkRenderLargeImage and vtkVolumeRaycastMapper

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed Jun 10 10:43:02 EDT 2009

Hello Simon,

Thank you for improving VTK.

A patch on the mailing list is likely to be forgotten. The canonical
way to submit a patch is to open a bug report with your patch.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/

Please submit your patch with unified format and in the right order (<
for source > for patch), it seems your patch is in the reverse order.

$ cvs diff -u vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx > mypatch.txt

Regards.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Simon Drouin<drouin.simon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I believe I have found a fix to the problem that caused volumes rendered
> with vtkVolumeRayCastMapper to show lines of background pixels where the
> patches rendered by vtkRenderLargeImage meet. This bug has been reported
> previously on this list. I include in this message a diff between my version
> of vtkVolumeRaycastMapper.cxx and the one in the CVS. Can someone review my
> change and apply the patch?
>
> In short, the problem was that the width and height of the images rendered
> by the mappers where computed with floating point numbers and then cast to
> int. It caused those dimensions to be short by 1 pixel in most cases. It
> usually has no noticeable effect. But in the case where the mapper is used
> with vtkRenderLargeImage, each of the patches rendered by
> vtkRenderLargeImage is short by 1 pixel and so there is a gap between them.
>
> I believe the same problem is present in other software volume mappers such
> as vtkFixedPointVolumeRaycastMapper.
>
> s.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive