[vtkusers] Program terminates with error if a window is closed when rendering is going on

Limin Fu phoolimin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:29:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to VTK. I realized this problem when I ran an example of the VTK
toolkit from my program. It happens when a render window is closed by the
user, when there is still a rendering process going on. The error message is
like this:

XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 3037 requests (3035 known processed) with 8 events remaining.

It can be reproduced by increase the number of the looping in the
Tutorial/Step1/Cxx/Cone.cxx, and close the rendering window before the loop
is finished.

I tried VTK5.0.4 from my linux distribution, and VTK5.4.2 downloaded from
the website, both have this problem. How should I avoid this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Limin