[vtkusers] vtkCell

Marcel Weiss mweiss at cbs.mpg.de
Mon Jun 8 11:53:04 EDT 2009

> I can't think of a case where a clip filter would increase the number of cells?
this happens for example when clipping streamlines

introducing own IDs as attributed scalars is a good way to solve this problem

Marcel Weiss
PhD student
Department of Neurophysics
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences

For each cell, shouldn't it just either be removed or reduced in size? It looks like the clip filter passes along these additional arrays for the cases I've described - ie. you can manually add an "OriginalID" array that contains the cell ids and then the reduced size/remaining cells will still contain that information. I don't think you can access them directly by the value of that array, but you could manually reorder them or write some kind of "find" function.

If I'm still missing your question then I'll be quiet and let someone else answer :)

Thanks,

David